The economic forces driving adoption across countries
Author: Jon Frost
- How does fintech develop differently around the world? Why?
- The fintech market has a lot of opportunity for growth
- Growing where the current financial system isn't meeting demand
- The average cost of sending $200 USD to EMDEs is 6.84%
- Fintech innovations often have a higher up front cost but lower cost per new customer
- Fintech adoption is higher where financial services are very expensive or there isn't much competition
- Regulatory environments can both hinder and help fintech adoption
- Regulatory arbitrage doesn't seem to be a high driver for adoption
- Countries with a younger generation are also adopting fintech faster
- More digitally active users
- More trust in technology?