Begging the Question
- Attempt to establish conclusion of an argument by using the conclusion as a premise
- Usually some disguised version of the conclusion is a premise
- Speaker usually assumes a statement under examination to be true
- Freedom of speech is important because people should be able to speak freely
- Why is it important for everyone to have a voice?
- The death penalty is wrong because killing people is immoral
- Why is killing people immoral?
- Ghosts are real because I have had experiences with them
- Are the experiences valid?